Line Supervisor-Recent college graduates are welcome to apply! - Only apply through official OTTO company site: www.ottoexcellence.com
Manages the operators who perform the assembly on complex and/or highly repetitive types of products. Responsible for the output and quality of his or her assigned line.
- Communicate instructions or work specifications from Supervisor/Manager to line employees.
- Motivate workers to meet quality standards, production process standards, and ISO 9001 procedures.
- Continually monitor and maintain 100% labor efficiency.
- Insure proper training, and cross training of operators.
- Manage the line so as to minimize rework.
- Manage the inventory and control scrap.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- Manage the SPC and data collection efforts.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Communicate to both management and operator.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Require the ability to support multiple projects.
- Keep production schedule current and communicate component shortages, finished products and work order issues to your manager and the materials group.
- Required to diagnosis and correct problems.
- Ability to understand and run the line, to current production philosophies such as continuous flow and lean manufacturing.
- Ability to suggest and implement ideas to improve line flow and setup.
- Supervise the line to achieve production schedules with the goal to meet the customer request date.
- Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be available to work overtime.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9000.
- Basic knowledge of SPC.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to differentiate between colors.
- Blueprint reading skills required.
- Ability to learn the use of a personal computer.
- Know use of inspection tools.
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.